STOP USING MY SONGS TO MAKE MONEY- SIR VICTOR UWAIFO

STOP USING MY SONGS TO MAKE MONEY- SIR VICTOR UWAIFO 



who knows Sir Victor Uwaifo? The old-timer’s king  in the industry keeps transcending generations due to the fact that the younger generation of contemporary singers still amasses wealth for themselves by remixing his hit song JOROMI.


The old time King  has hits like Joromi, Mami Water, Guitar Boy, and others accrued to his name. In a chat with Showtime, he disclosed that Simi and Jaywon remixed his song without his consent. Expressing his lack of delight, Sir Victor said;

 They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi But I’m like a father to them. So I can’t begin to drag them to court. Let them make a living out of it. But then, it’s piracy. I’ve heard it too many times on different occasions. It shows the quality of the music. As far as I’m concerned, I’ve lived five lives (from one generation to another).”
So if they want to appreciate me, it shows the quality of the music. It is one thing to be an artiste and it’s another thing to stay on the scene for a long time. So I’ll not discourage artistes trying to remix or do another rendition of Joromi. Rather, I’ll encourage them to give credit to the composer if they do.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment